Entrepreneur Coach & Mentor
I help people armed with expert knowledge figure out how to make change in the world when facing complex systems. The way I work seems to stoke people's courage and demonstrably propels them to achieve more, faster.
I do this in a couple of ways. Most uniquely, through story design: a process of clarifying what you offer and the compelling case for why anyone else should care. I call it storyFORMing and teach it as a method that complements Business Model (or Lean Startup) Canvas. It is both "business design" and a navigational system for compelling, credible communication.
Like others, I also help people build up their imagination muscles and collaborative processes. To kickstart innovation, I bring fluid thinking people tell me is always 360-degrees, spacious, often free of boundaries or limiting assumptions. Yet I'm also capable of "thinly slicing" with an intelligence some have called "forensic".
The people I help may be ambitious all-rounders, misfits or mavericks, usually smart as the devil and often introverted. This is my tenth straight year helping businesses break out of their status quo. Many people are drawn to me to help them with imagination, courage and vision in work. Together, we lift the ceiling off what's possible.
- Born and raised in the USA
- Adult life lived in London, England
- Graduated from Brown U with a top degree in Semiotics
- Trained as an actor, before earning a PhD in Drama and Theatre Studies
- Qualified, experienced university lecturer
- Elected Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts
- Voted top blogger in innovation 2013, 2014, 2015
A catalyst who
- Designs unforgettable workshops
- Delivers mesmerising talks & keynotes
- Writes arresting content
- Tells stories, while getting others to form their own
- Creates tools that help people
- Speeds people on their work journeys
- Works with equal ease face-to-face and virtually
Clients have included:
along with highly secretive manufacturers in regulated industries, and competitors in the fast-moving consumer goods arena globally.
I am at home working remotely and face-to-face with founders at the early and accelerating stages of their business, with executives inside complex corporations, with change-makers in formal institutions, with the owners of small-medium sized enterprises, and with university students.
One way people hear about my work is through my public speaking as a commercial storyteller. Another is through my blogs on innovation, creativity and workplace imagination. I am one of less than a dozen women recognised as a Top 40 Innovation Blogger by the largest global platform, an honour I've held for 3 years running.